Credit cards are such an integral part of our lives that it’s easy to forget just how useful they are in our day-to-day activities. If you don’t have one yet, take a look at the following reasons for getting one.
- Less need for cash. This is fairly obvious, but still worth mentioning: having a credit card means there’s no need to carry around a ton of cash and coins in your wallet.
- Deferred payment. Window shopping is fun, but why is it you always spot that perfect find when your account is empty? With a credit card, you don’t need to wait to grab the latest fashion trends from the sales rack, and you have until next month’s salary comes in to pay off your Visa or MasterCard bill without any additional fees.
- Online shopping. In this digital age, you’ll inevitably find yourself browsing online retailers, when suddenly you stumble across the deal of the century. Without a moment’s hesitation, you put the item in your virtual shopping basket and click “pay”, only to realise that the website solely accepts credit card payments… But don’t worry, you’ll be ready next time! For the purposes of online shopping, you can also opt for a virtual credit card with a credit limit of a few hundred euros.
- Better insurance coverage. A credit card is more than just a method of payment – it’s also a set of assistance and insurance guarantees, giving you peace of mind when you go on holiday. These guarantees can vary depending on your type of credit card, so it’s always useful to speak to your bank.
- Shopping abroad. When you go on holiday, there’s nothing better than getting a bite to eat at a nice local restaurant. But when you settle the bill, do you wish you didn’t have to break out your bundle of foreign notes under the watchful eyes of the other customers before walking back to your hotel room? No? You’ll find that a credit card is the most secure and universally accepted alternative payment method. It can help cover the deposit for a hotel room or car rental, and your credit card receipt also provides proof of payment.